We love Asian food in our house…it’s so fresh and flavorful, and actually pretty easy to make (for the most part)! This recipe is one of those that we make regularly, and we usually have the ingredients already in the refrigerator. It tastes SO good…I mean, like…restaurant good! You wouldn’t believe how easy and fast you can make this either…and if I can’t find the large “living lettuce” for wraps, I just put it inside a large romaine leaf or just toss it on top of a salad and drizzle some peanut sauce on top.
It’s also fun to make for guests and they think it’s fancy and you’ve been working on it all day, when in reality it was less than 30 minutes…HA!
Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp canola or extra virgin olive oil (for sautéing)
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil (optional…but good!)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use the low sodium version)
- 2-3 Tbsp siracha sauce…or more (for heat…optional)
- chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts – for garnish
- “living lettuce” or large romaine
- Saute the onion in the olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add the chopped mushrooms and sauté for another 3- 4 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook all the way through.
- Add the garlic, pepper and ginger when the turkey is just about done.
- Then add the cilantro, carrots, soy sauce, and siracha and stir well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve in a lettuce wrap and top with chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- These are also good with an asian sauce or peanut sauce, but totally not necessary. Enjoy!
Enchanted Plate http://enchantedplate.com/