Trust me when I tell you that this strawberry pie will be one of your new favorite recipes…as well as one of the easiest pies you will make! It can be whipped up in a few minutes and does not even need to be baked. It’s also beautiful and will definitely impress!
This filling is only 3 ingredients…cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar. The healthier version can be made with light cream cheese, greek yogurt, and your sweetener of choice (Stevia, maple, etc). I make this with a regular pie crust but would be great with graham cracker as well.
I then cut the strawberries in half and place them on top of the cream cheese mixture. I arrange them in circles around the pie and then fill in the gaps with a strawberry jam and then drizzle with melted chocolate. Oh, and did I mention that I also brush a thin layer of melted chocolate on the cooked pie crust before adding the cream cheese mixture?? That’s a nice surprise when eating this pie!
- 1 pre-cooked pie crust
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar (or to taste)---taste as you go!
- 1 package strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 package semi-sweet chocolate chips--melted (or chocolate of choice)
- Melt the chocolate chips and brush a thin layer of chocolate onto the bottom of the (already) cooked pie crust. Place in refrigerator for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar together until creamy. Taste as you go and add more sweetener if needed...but the filling does not have to be super sweet.
- Spread the cream cheese into the pie shell evenly.
- Place the strawberries on the pie in circular rows.
- Put your jelly/jam into a microwave safe bowl and heat it up for about 30 seconds to "thin" it out.
- Using a spoon, place little dollops of jelly in all the gaps between the strawberries (where you can see the cream cheese). Avoid getting the jelly on the crust.
- Place the rest of the melted chocolate in to a small baggie and seal it. Cut off one of the corners of the baggie (very small piece) to drizzle the chocolate over the pie.
- Drizzle and then place the pie in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.