Easiest one-bowl banana bread
We seriously go through so many bananas at our house. It’s pretty rare that they get over ripened but when I look over to our fruit basket and see browning bananas, I get excited! You see, I really love banana bread. I try not to make it too much because I just can’t stop eating it!
This recipe is a classic and its all mixed in one bowl, which is super nice! Confession…I don’t like cleaning dishes, but then again, who does?? It’s made with melted butter (instead of shortening), giving it a full, rich flavor!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you like it less sweet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This recipe was adapted from Simply Recipes and can be found here.