It’s getting cold outside and that means it’s time for chili. I love making this because it’s all made in one pan and I always make enough to have left overs. It requires few ingredients and can be thrown together in a hurry! I also usually have all the ingredients in my home without having to go to the store in the cold!
My kids love this chili and they love eating it with our favorite almond flour crackers from Simple Mills. They are gluten free and made with nutrient dense ingredients. Winning!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 28oz can Cento tomatoes or crushed tomatoes -I recommend San Marzano style (this is a large 28oz can of tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove minced garlic (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 can beans -kideny beans or any type you like (optional)
- optional – add 1 cup water for a more "soupy" chili
- In a large dutch oven, brown the meat over medium heat.
- Once meat is cooked, add the tomatoes. If using canned whole tomoates, make sure to mash them while incorporating into the meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a slow boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with favorite garnish. (fresh onions, almond flour crackers, etc)