Need a quick, healthy breakfast idea for the fam? Or just a sweet, pumpkin treat to pair with your afternoon coffee? These little guys are great! I got the recipe from a great friend and I adjusted just a few minor things. The original recipe can be found here. These muffins are gluten free and have no refined sugar so I feel really great that my kids love them and devour them for breakfast.
These muffins also bake well with no eggs, so if you need egg-free recipes, this one will work for you too!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (oat flour thru baking soda)
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients well (yogurt, pumpkin, honey, and egg)
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Mix in the cinnamon chips.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake 23-25 minutes.