My kids and I love baking. It’s fall and something about being cozy and warm by the fire makes me want to bake. We really steer clear of sweets most of the time, but every now and then it’s nice to have a sweet treat that also fits into our Paleo lifestyle.
These macaroons are perfect. They won’t make you feel guilty and they are so fluffy and chewy! I like to dip the bottoms in a bit of dark chocolate and sometimes I’ll put an almond on the top and drizzle chocolate over the top as well. It’s totally not necessary, as these taste so delicious straight out of the oven.
This recipe only makes about 15 macaroons, so you may want to double it because they are that good!
Paleo Friendly Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut -make sure it's finely shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil (not melted)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- optional – 1/3 cup melted dark chocolate for dipping/drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 15 seconds, until everything is mixed well. You may need to stir the bottom with a spatula to incorporate the maple syrup well.
- Using a cookie dough scooper (approx 1 Tbsp), place the macaroons on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden on the bottom. (If you use a larger scooper (1.5Tbsp), you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- (Optional)-Allow to cool a bit before dipping in the chocolate.
- I store the extra macaroons in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.