My favorite pancakes…and they’re gluten free!
Pancakes are definitely a staple at our house….banana pancakes, blueberry pancakes, oat pancakes, buttermilk pancakes…you name it!
We’ve really tried to eliminate white and wheat flour out of our diets over the past few years. Not for medical reasons, but just in an attempt to be healthier.
This is my favorite go-to recipe for pancakes and they are made with oat flour…it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite gluten free flours.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (I like to use pink Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/2 cup sour milk (add 1 Tbsp white vinegar to milk and let sit for 5 min)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix oat flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and whisk well.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined…do not over stir.
- Cook pancakes on a heated skillet until browned on both sides.
- I usually like to add 1/4 cup chopped pecans to the batter.