I’ve had this awesome Oat Bran that I found at Trader Joe’s and have been dying to use it. This is a little twist off my regular muffins, but this time I had some low fat buttermilk in the refrigerator that needed to be used. I substituted it for the milk that the recipe called for and it really gave the muffins a nice and moist crumb.
These muffins are filled with wholesome ingredients and are refined sugar-free, so I feel great about giving these to the kiddos for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fill a greased muffin pan until each one is about 2/3 full.
- Cook at 400 for 15 minutes.
Food Styling inspired by Cooking Light!!