Egg roll in a bowl…isn’t this the cutest idea? It’s so stinkin easy, I think I may be making this way more often. With all of the great flavors, it’s definitely a crowd pleaser. It can totally be eaten right in the comfort of your big, cozy bowl, or it can be wrapped up in some butter lettuce to make lettuce wraps for a lighter, less filling option.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 lb ground beef -can sub ground turkey/ground chicken
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 14oz bag shredded coleslaw mix -can sub broccoli slaw
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2-3 Tbsp siracha sauce -optional to add heat
- salt, pepper -to taste (coconut aminos have less salt than soy sauce, so I usually add a bit of sea salt)
- chopped cilantro, green onions, toasted sesame seeds -for garnish
- 1 head living butter lettuce (or large pieces of romaine) -optional for lettuce wraps
- Over medium heat, saute the onions in the sesame oil.
- Once onions become slightly transparent, add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and ground ginger and mix well. Allow to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Taste the mix and add siracha sauce, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, and sesame seeds.