Easiest Homemade Granola
Granola is the perfect snack. It’s very satisfying and filling. This is the easiest granola you will ever make and makes a great breakfast cereal, even though my favorite way to eat it is on top of a thick custardy yogurt (post-workout). It’s full of cinnamon, honey, and vanilla!
I usually just roughly chop the nuts, but if you prefer a much smaller texture, a food processor can be used. If using a food processor, pulse the nuts in a few small batches so you don’t end of with nut meal.
- 4 cups nuts-roughly chopped (I used pecans, cashews, and walnuts)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened, large flakes)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried fruit - cherries, raisins, apples, blueberries, cranberries, etc
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla to the coconut oil.
- Add the chopped nuts, coconut, and oats to the oil mixture.
- Stir and make sure all the granola is evenly coated.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 300 for about 15 min.
- Allow the granola to cool on baking sheet, then add the dried fruit.
- This usually bakes for 15-20 minutes, but be careful not to the let the nuts brown too much as they can burn easily.