Need a perfect sidekick for your juicy steak or pork tenderloin? These crispy potatoes are perfect! They get crispy on the bottom and are nice and soft in the center. They were a huge hit at our house, even with the kiddos. Oh, and they were great the next day, also!
They are super easy to make and look fancy when served alongside a steak and veggies. All you need to do is boil, smash, and roast.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
Write a review
- 10-12 small golden potatoes (or you could use small red potatoes)
- olive oil - for drizzle
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice from 1 lime
- small handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- small amount of milk - to get proper consistency
- chopped cilantro
- chopped purple onion
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water on the stove for about 25 minutes (until fork tender).
- Drain and spread them out on a greased baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoes with the bottom of a mason jar or mug.
- Drizzle or brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each potato with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Edges will be slightly browned and bottoms will be crispy.
- Blend all the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a blender. When potatoes are removed from oven, drizzle with the sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped onion.
Enchanted Plate http://enchantedplate.com/